Monday 7 January 2013

ARSHI FF: ~Best Friends (BFTW II)~ Chap 10




Chapter 10: A Frightful Night 

It was late night, Arnav was sleeping snaking his arms around khushi's waist. Unlike last 6 weeks today khushi wanted to sleep with him, she dindot know why she was extremely scared today.

It has been 6 weeks that her pregnancy got confirmed. Arnav was really happy and so was khushi. After their night together, they never slept with each other, in fact both of then felt a little awkward for some unknown reason, she both of them did not know.
But today khushi was being a little stubborn; she fought with Arnav to sleep with him. Once they were together on bed, all the awkwardness was gone. They both smuggled each other in sleep and slept just like they used to sleep previously.
It was mid night, when arnav got a rush in his bludder. He opened his eyes and saw her sweet face and smiled. He sighed at all the awkwardness as gone and they both are on track.
He slowly removed his hand, to his surprise khushi did not get up. She was a light sleeper. "May be due to her early pregnancy she is dozing off" he thought.
He went to the bathroom after placing her properly on the pillow.
***
He yawned and locked the door behind after coming out of the bathroom. He rubbed his eyes and yawned again and his mouth was stuck.
He was facing khushi's back.
His eyes widened. He rushed to khushi. He tried to wake her up but he realized she is unconscious. He jerked her couple of times but it was vein.
He picked her lifeless figure in his arms and rushed down stairs. Lucky his jijaji was there in the kitchen to get some water for him.
Shyam saw arnav rushing downstairs with khushi. He saw khushi's white kurta has turned red with blood stains. He immediately understood that she had a miscarriage.
He rushed to arnav who was in panic form.
Arnav: Jijaji, please ask Mohan to get the damn car.
Shyam: I will drive.
Both of them rushed to the car. Shyam held the steering while arnav sat behind taking khushi in his lap, continuously caressing her cheeks and trying to make her conscious.
Arnav: Khushi, wake up damn  it, it isn't funny you fool. WAKE UP khushi, please wake up.
Shyam saw his brother-in-law's state and asked him to relax.
He reached city hospital in no time and got her admitted.
Arnav called her gynecologist and explained everything. She said she will reach as soon as possible and she said in the meantime she will guide the other doctors in the hospital.
Arnav sat in the bench near the OT.
Shyam came and sat beside him. He immediately hugged arnav and so did arnav.
Arnav: Jijaji, please tell me that nothing is going to happen to her.
Shyam caressed his head and gave him an assurance look. He pressed his hand and nodded.
***
After 10 mins her doctor reached and rushed to the OT after acknowledging Arnav.
***
After half an hour both of them saw the red light go off. The doctor came out. She sighed.
Dr: Arnav I am sorry.
Arnav held her shoulder and asked in a panicy voice "Khushi! Khushi ko kuch nahi hua na? tell me doctor, whether she is all right or not?"
The Dr placed her palm on his shoulder and said "She is fine. She will gain her conscious in sometime".
Arna sighed and dropped himself on the bench.
Dr: Arnav, I need to talk to you, before you see her.
Arnav nodded in approval, he asked shyam to stay with khushi till the time he is back.
***
Dr: Arnav, I had told this to her before also, I don't know whether she has told you this or not.
Arnav frowned a little, suddenly he had a feeling that his skin was wrinkling due to an unknown fear.
Dr: Arnav, did you know that her womb is really weak?
Arnav was shocked out of his wit. He had no clue about it. She has never mentioned anything of that sort on that night.
Dr: How can you guys be so irresponsible? And Arnav you? Out of all the people, you did this to your best friend? How could you be so careless? Do you know she could have even lost her life.
Arnav was spellbound he did not know what to say, how to react. He did not have a single clue about it.
Dr: He pregnancy was Ectopic pregnancy. Ectopic pregnancies develop inside the fallopian tubes. Ectopic pregnancies cannot develop normally. So after certain time the tube ruptures and the patient goes thought miscarriage.
For arnav the rupture word his his heart like a dagger.
Dr: Don't worry, she is fine, but unfortunately her tude is of no use now.
Arnav sank on the chair more holding her head.
Arnav: Doctor! Can she become a mother again?
Dr: Normally girls who undergo this type of cases do conceive but with a little difficulty, some routin needs to be taken care off. But'.
Arnav: But? But what doctor?
The doctor stood up and came beside him.
Dr: But for khushi, I think she needs to be really carefull, as I told you earlier also that she is very weak. And she might have miscarriage again.
Arnav was shocked again.
Dr: Arnav, I am sorry but you have to make her understand the situation. She shouldnot conceive atleast 6 months from now, even more. I had warned her quite a no. of times, but as you know she was so much excited for the baby that she just neglected my words.
Arnav: Dr, I did not have any clue about it.
Dr: I can understand that. But aranv now she needs to be really carefull, you need to support her at this stage, otherwise who toot gayegi (she will be broken)
Arnav gulped and closed his eyes.
***
Khushi opened her eyes and looked around. The place was unfamiliar. She heard some irriating beep buzzing beside her. She turned her face and saw the monitor. She was about to get up when she felt the saline channel inside her vein. Suddenly she started panicking.
Thankfully arnav was just about to enter the room. When he saw khushi wiggling on the bed, he rushed inside and held her.
Khushi: What happened to me Arnav?
Arnav: Khushi! Just calm down and relax ok?
Khushi grabbed his shirt: what happened to me, answer me damn it.
Arnav: Everything is fine khushi, just relax.
Khushi: What am I doing here?
Arnav: You were a little unconscious, you needed some saline.
Khushi: Arnav! Look at me, why aren't you looking at me?
Arnav looked at her and that it, the picture was clear in her mind.
Khushi: MY BABY? Arnav tell me what I saw in your eyes is incorrect, tell me I am wrong.
Arnav just closed his eyes sucking his own lower lip, holding her shoulers.
Khushi could see his moist lashes, she throw herself on him and cried loudly, clutching him more and more. She cried like a manic while he held her tight. He knew she needs to cry, cry her heart out, otherwise she might go into a shocking state. He thanked his stars that she was crying. For the first time in his life he thanked god seeing her crying.
After about 10 mins, he felt her sobs; her breathing was now becoming a little normal. She rested her head on her shoulder and he constantly caressed her back.
Both of them kept silent, trying to gulp down the sadness which has encroached in between them. Suddenly the door flew open and Anjali was standing near the door.
Anjali: Khushi! Khushi! Tum
Khushi: Di, please, can you leave me alone with arnav for some time? She said in an annoyed tone.
Anjali looked at aranv and then to khushi and slowly made her way outside.
Khushi hugged him once again and started crying.
Khushi: My baby'''..arnav'..my bbaaaby'.i lost him arnav'..i lost him.
Arnav: Don't worry khushi, everything will be all right.
Khushi suddenly panicked, she quickly held his hand.
Khushi: Arnav, I want my baby back'please anrav. I want a baby
Arnav tired to relax her a bit.
Khushi: Arnav please, lets do it once more, please
Arnav: Khushi, please we will dicuss this later. Pehle tu thik ho ja.
Khushi: Nahi arnav, you have to promise me that we will have a baby soon.
Arnav: Khushi! Khushi!
Khushi: Arnav please tujhe promise karna hi padega
Arnav: Khushi stop it babes.
Khushi: No arnav please promise me.
Arnav: STOP.IT
Khushi was shocked out of his behavior. He has never spoken so loud with her.
Arnav: Relax karne bol raha hoon samaj mein nahi ata? Baby baby baby. Khali baby ka chinta. What about you damn it? How can I put you in danger once again? Why the hell did not you say that your womb is weak? Why khushi? Why did you hide this from me? Why damn it? Khushi kya baby itna imp hai tere liye? That you will forget about yourself?
Khushi covered her face with her palm and started crying again.
Arnav suddenly felt like a jerk, how could he be so rude with her condition is so much vulnerable. He cursed himself for behaving like this. Even he knows how important that baby for her was. She has put their friendship for stake just for this baby, she did not even bother to think about her future just for the baby, and then how could he hurt her at this state picking this topic, whose answer he knows very well?
"I want a baby arnav" (she could only mutter in her sobs)
Arnav hugged her tight "I am sorry khushi, I am so sorry for being mad at this moment" please forgive me. He tucked her locks behind her ears.
Khushi: Arnav! Promise me please
Arnav sighed. I promise you khushi, you will be a mother soon. He kissed her lips, she deepened her kiss.
***
Khushi: I am sorry di
Anjali: nahi khushi please aise mat bolo
Khushi: Di, I was just too upset.
Anjali: Koi baat nahi, I understand sweetheart.
Khushi: Di, I am so sorry (she started crying)
Anjali wiped her tears'.please chup ho ja baccha.
Khushi: Di, this is all because of me
Khushi hugged Anjali
Khushi: It is because we have hurt you, you are like my mother di, and I have hurt my mother by not listening to her, not obeying her words, yeh sab usi paap ka asar hai  (we are facing this because of the sin we have commited by not listen to you, hurting you)
Anjali: Nahi baccha, aise nahi kehte. Tu to meri gudiya hai na? (you are my doll right?)
Khushi: Di, I want a baby, di.
Anjali: haan khushi, you will get one. I will talk to chotey. Tu chinta mat kar.
Khushi sobbed badly in her arms.
Khushi: Di, can I stay in arnav's room for some days?
Anjali: Teri jitni marzi hai, jab tak chahe tu reh sakti hai.
Khushi: Di, please mujhe maaf kar dena.
Anjali cupped her face: you have called me mother right? Then don't be sorry. God is watching from above, I am sure he must have stored something good for you.
Khushi: I love you di
Anjali: I love you too. And stop this rona dhona ok? Pehle do ko to smabhal phir tisra mangna.
Khushi looked at her with a puppy face and asked her innocently "Do?"
Anjali: haan aur nahi to kya? Ek ayush aur dosra tera langotiya yaar (bosom friend).
Khushi smiled and hugged Anjali back. While arnav stood near the door witnessing them. A lone tear dropped from the corner of his eyes, he cursed himself seeing khushi in this state.
He turned to go when he bumped into shyam. Shyam hugged him back while arnav lost control over his emotions and cried clinging onto him.

2 comments:

  1. so touchy....
    Hey appy...will you believe me if i say that i like your story like a crazy one....you are amazing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I m vry sad for khushi..
    exited to read ...
    thnks sis ..

    ReplyDelete